TIME TO ACT
TIME TO ACT
PAMHOA - continues to work hard to resolve resident issues, including:
- The unsuitability (or lack of) legislation
- Inability of residents to obtain relief under the law
- Insufficient response from the office of the Attorney General...
….AND to correct the many Manufactured Home ownership problems, including but not limited to:
- Excessive lot rents, leases (and guidelines) that take away your rights
- The unreasonable threat of eviction (forcing the sale or moving of your home in a short time – and no place to relocate to)
- High taxes
- Unaffordable legal fees
- No effective hearing or appeal process.
In addressing these problems - IT IS CRITICAL AND ESSENTIAL - RESIDENTS TAKE RESPONSIBILITY - AND ACT TOGETHER - UNDER THE LAW - EXERCISING THEIR RIGHT to FREE SPEECH ….
… TO PROTECT THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS!
If residents DO NOT do this, the needed protections WILL NOT be obtained and homes, your wealth, and security, will be lost, resident's homes increasingly made UNAFFORDABLE.
The PAMHOA 2011 State Meeting AGAIN confirmed...
WHAT RESIDENTS MUST DO:
- FOCUS on working to bring change in Harrisburg – through new legislation!
- Do not attempt (unless there is a confirmed legal basis) to struggle within your own community by “taking on” the Park Owner - BUT INSTEAD inform residents (your neighbors) of their constitutionally protected freedom and responsibility - to protect their rights - AND to WORK together through the legislative process and “right to assembly”
- Residents can do this by supporting PAMHOA; writing letters, sending e-mails, or making phone calls; AND informing all residents (neighbors and residents in other communities) of their responsibility and need to actively participate.
- Information can be obtained from PAMHOA or its members and representatives. AND to encourage membership and registration with PAMHOA, so that residents can be kept informed – getting this message out in your community and neighboring communities.
Meanwhile, significant progress has been made in converting legislators, and in having them consider and understand the problems of Manufactured Home owners; and we also have the ear of the office of the Attorney General... BUT to bring about the needed changes takes an extraordinary amount of work, and planning; needing to educate, and obtain support form a majority of House and Senate members (almost 250 legislators), MOST do not recognize the length, breadth, and depth of the problems you face - and often information/ research channeled through less informed or uninformed staffers...
...in addition we may see a problem one way, when there can be a reasonable opposing opinion, and then we must inform again and negotiate!!!
THIS ESSENTIAL WORK is missing one vital element ....THE SUPPORT - FRONT AND CENTER - OF RESIDENTS THEMSELVES !!!
(NOT because residents do not care, but many do not know what to do, or how to present their complaints as responsible citizens under their constitutional responsibility. [BUT WHEN RESIDENTS DO NOT STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES.….... IT IS A VOTE TO LEAVE THINGS AS THEY ARE and to give up your freedoms …. AND SAYS YOU LIKE TO BE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF]
If you are to stop a robbery you must first
lock the door!!!
Don Miles Esq (Secretary of PAMHOA) - a respected attorney - perhaps one person with more legal experience than any other in defending communities - and known and respected by legislators - has explained what RESIDENTS MUST DO to obtain fair legislation and action in Harrisburg.
He has explained and APPEALED to residents... that they organize their efforts. They must make phone calls, contact their friends AND neighbors, contact OTHER communities, write letters, send e-mails, AND encourage all residents to act.
TO HELP WITH THIS PAMHOA (your Statewide Home Owners Association) has been formed and is pro-active in working with legislators and attorneys, and local and national agencies, to make the best minds and ideas available to help residents - BUT STILL, without RESIDENTS pro-active support NEW LEGISLATION WILL NOT RECEIVE THE NEEDEED ATTENTION and likely be defeated!
Many residents are saying and DOING NOTHING!!!
AGAIN, HERE IS what must be done...
If one or two will act and take the time to reach out, and better still if those one or two become three of four, or perhaps five and six, the whole perspective AND POSSABILITES of obtaining attention to Manufactured Home issues will be changed.
THEREFORE IT IS RECOMMENDED and asked...
1) That while you may be able (or not) to form a HOA in your community - that the FOCUS is placed on working to bring change in Harrisburg – through new legislation!
2) Do not attempt (unless essential) to make changes in your own community OR by taking on the Park Owner - BUT inform residents of their constitutional obligations – and protected right - to WORK (together) to protect their rights (and make their demands) in Harrisburg!
3) Inform your neighbors and friends of the work of (PAMHOA) which effort (residents ONLY formal representation and lobby) needs to be supported in coordinating efforts - including what is proposed here.
[Membership and REGISTRATION with PAMHOA important so you and your neighbors can be kept informed].
How difficult can it be to take a drive on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and visit a neighboring community to speak with people (folks you meet on the street – we do not suggest going door to door as some communities have restrictions on this) to ask if they know or have heard of the legislative efforts being made for them, and the need to support PAMHOA to bring about the needed changes;
AND TO provide an information sheet and obtain their phone number so you can speak with folks again later.
This is not always easy, and many residents do not understand and are intimidated (afraid because of their leases), but a friendly conversation can change minds and hearts, and importantly inform.
THIS IS WHAT MUST BE DONE – the work URGENT
Again, your neighbors and friends must be encouraged to help --- to help themselves; by becoming informed of PAMHOA activities, checking our web-site and other informative WEB-sites, AND BY writing letters and calling friends; AND staying in touch so they themselves can be contacted and kept up to date on what is occurring and needed... ALL supporting their legislative rights!
….ACT NOW TO CORRECT THE MANY WRONGS AND INJUSTICES AFFECTING YOUR HOME OWNERSHIP ... residents cannot afford to continue to give up their rights.
Your must fight to protect your property, and what is rightfully yours!
For more information please contact your local PAMHOA chair-persons, or community leaders (or HOA) or email PAMHOA at email@example.com